Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Arbor Day 2012

Today, First Lady Dianne Bentley joined with the Arbor Day Foundation to recognize Arbor Day. The event was held on the grounds of the Capitol and members of the public and press participated. Mrs. Bentley shared her thoughts and congratulated the winners of this year's poster contest. Mary Grace Geiger, a fifth grader from Huntsville, placed first and gave brief remarks on Arbor Day as well. Andrew Williams from Cullman, and Alana Hyatt from Ashville, were the runners-up and stood with their posters to answer questions. Following the ceremony and presentation of the proclamation from the Governor, the group planted a tree.

The First Lady was delighted to participate in this event and is thankful for the beautiful trees in Alabama.





1 comment:

  1. Mrs Bentley,
    Andrew is my son. He was the Second place winner in the poster contest. I was wondering if you could perhaps help me. some of my pictures from the Arbor Day ceremony didn't turn out very well. I also remember that there was a reporter there from The CW network. I tried to contact them to inquire about getting a copy of the video, but I was not able ot locate the correct person. Could you help me get copies of the pictures and possibly the video? It would me so much! Thank you for your time. I appreciate it very much!
    Sincerely,
    Lisa Williams

    ReplyDelete