Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspiration

The following is from a Turning Point Devotional by David Jeremiah:

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.” Psalm 37:23 An unknown author once described his journey of giving God control of his life as a tandem bike ride with Christ in the front. He said, “When I had control, I knew the way. It was rather boring but predictable. But when He took the lead, He knew delightful long trails up mountains, and through rocky places at breakneck speeds. It was all I could do to hang on. Even though it looked like madness, He said “pedal!” I was worried and anxious and asked “where are you taking me?” He laughed and did not answer, and I started to learn to trust. And I am beginning to enjoy the cool breeze on my face with my delightful constant companion, Christ. And when I am sure I just can’t do anymore, He just smiles and says, “Pedal.” Though we may fear and doubt where He is taking us, when we give Him control, our life will never be the same. We will begin to find adventure in the midst of adversity, and peace during times of pain. All we have to do is let Him steer our life while we simply pedal. “Give your life to God; He can do more with it than you can!” Dwight L Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment